Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday Funday #87 June 23, 2014



Hello everyone.  Yesterday my sweet baby girl turned 15!  It is so hard to believe she is already 15 and will start High School in the fall.  I am so not ready for this! She got her very own cell phone for her birthday.  We were going to wait until she started driving to get her one then decided since she was going to be in high school next year that it might be a good idea to get her one now.  We are so proud of the person she has become. I had the privilege of buying her a purity ring a few weeks ago. This is the one she picked out.
True Love Waits Princess Solitaire Ring
It has the inscription " True Love Waits - 1 Timothy 4:12.

One of the things that she thought was extra special was that the girl wears it until her wedding day, then the husband removes it and puts on her wedding ring during the ceremony. 

We have been pretty lucky since she has not even had a boy friend yet.  She has had a few crushes and lots of really great guys that she has been friends with.  She just isn't ready to start all that yet. She has also decided to not even share a kiss until her wedding day. Both of my kids have talked about it. Boo-who is 9- thinks it is gross that people kiss unless they are in your family. I just pray that they both keep this mind set and goal until they are married.  It is rare in this day and age for kids to even think about waiting for things like that until they are married.

Now on to the links!!









IMGP8759






1 comment:

  1. Hi Mel, thanks again for the feature, you just put a smile on my face! It is hard to believe that my daughter will be in high school too in September. I understand how you feel and a part of me wants her to stay small! Hope you have a great day and week. Take care.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.