Saturday, June 30, 2012

A New Yarn/Project Basket

The kids and I made a run to Target yesterday because they were in need of toothpaste. While we were there we slipped down the isle with the picnic supplies. That's where I found my new basket. It is meant to be a picnic basket but who cares. I have been looking at similar baskets at the craft stores but they range anywhere from $20 to $30. And that is without a lid. I bought mine for.... Are you ready?.........$9. Gotta love target! The only thing is this one doesn't have a pocket. That's the only thing I would add. They came in quite a few colors. I had to share my find with you. It is collapsable, has a nipper close top, and you can take it off the frame if you need to wash it. And for all of you sewers out there, you could make a different covers to go on it to switch out.

As you can see I have my angel bear pattern all typed up.  I am checking it as I make a new one to make sure it has nothing left out.

Don't forget. We are still looking for donations for our women's meeting. You can read about it HERE . I will be putting a page up on the blog to list who has donated and what they donated. We will also send out donation receipts so this is completely tax deductible. If you want to donate just leave a comment or use my contact page at the top.

Have a great weekend all. I may have to run and get a few more of these baskets.

7 comments:

  1. What an adorable basket!! I HAVE to have one! I'm such a basket nut and that one is too cute! Thanks for sharing your find and have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought something similar at Walmart for $7. Isn't great when you find just what you want for under $10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw those too when we were at target the other day. So cute. I recently did a review on the other kind but like you said, the other ones don't have lids included. You could sew a pocket on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo! I love your new basket!!...It's always nice to find a good bargain...especially when it's something you really can use! By the way, did you get toothpaste? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! I will have to go to Target and look for one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Basket Looks fantastic! Could you crochet a pocket and crochet it over the bar?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I may not comment but I enjoy your posts. Stay Cool!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.