Sunday, August 5, 2012

An Award

I want to say a big thank you to my dear friend Susan from SusanD1408 Crochet Addict.  She sent me an email to tell me she had a surprise for me on her blog today.  So off I went to see what it was.  She has given me a lovely award, and had me in tears after reading what she had written about me.  She is such a wonderful friend!!  We met through our blogs, but have become best friends through emailing each other almost every day.  We help each other get through the hard parts of our day with laughter and love.
Now for me to tell you 7 things about myself.....Let's see...

1. My husband and I dated for 2 years before we got married.
2. My husband is 6 years older than me, our daughter is 6 years older than our son, and we had been married 6 years before we had our daughter.
3. My mom and dad were never married and I didn't meet him until I was around 12.
4. I have 2 brothers, we are all 4 years apart, and all of our names start with M.
5. I was named after my mom's mom. I have her middle name...Jean.
6. I have always wanted to learn how to quilt but have never tried.....Yet
7.One of my favorite night time snacks is double stuff Oreos and Milk.  YUMMY. And as my kids call it, I like to play dunkum the cookie.

Now to nominate some other sweet ladies for this award...

Poetess Wug From The Wug's Backyard Blogspot.
She always has beautiful pictures and poems plus some very lovely crochet.

Cheryll From Gone Stitchin'.
Cheryll is a wonderful swap momma and a makes beautiful quilts.

I love Debi's crochet blog, she has some wonderful patterns and I love the hooks she makes.  But, she also has a new blog that features some of the crafts she does.  It is a fun blog with great crafts that are easy to make go have a peek.

Have a great weekend everyone.  I'll be back soon.



4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award Melissa - and thank you so much for passing it on to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww! If a girl of my skin color could blush, I would! Ha! Ha!...Well, I am. You just can't see it! ^_^ Thank you so so much for the award, and for the nice words. I really appreciate it!!...Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your Award. Much well deserved since this is a very Lovely Blog!
    Shari ")

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the smelly feet that do it ;-)
    You deserve the award!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.