Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hello Again!! I've Missed All Of You!!

Hello everyone!!  I hope you have been having a wonderful summer.  It has been so hot and dry here but we have finally been getting some rain about once a week over the past three weeks.  The last post showed lots of rain coming down but the sad part was we got very little of that at our house.  All of that was in town.  I have been spending most of my time with the kids before they have to go back to school.  We have made a few short trips here and there.  We went to War Eagle Caverns and The Oklahoma Aquarium in Jenks.  And of course we have made many many trips to the library.

I have been working on a few things crochet wise.  I can't show you some of them because they are for my swap sister in the Santa Sack Swap but I promise to share them after they are received.  I can share my latest finished item with you though.  I have a sweet lady contact me and ask if I could help her with a towel hanger that would look like a Razorback but not have a huge head.  This is what I came up with.  Mine is just a regular pig for pattern sale purposes though.


I thought he was cute.  I had fun designing him.  Of course he is now hanging in Mr. Boo's room.  His bed is a captains bed with drawers under the trundle so it sits up high.  He still has a rail on to keep him from falling out because he is a bit of a wild sleeper.  He has it hanging on the rail.  I have to admit it is pretty cute hanging there.  I let Linda test the patter for me since it was her idea and it will be up for sale soon.

I hope to have more posts up soon also.  I will try to share some of our pictures from the Aquarium and the Carvern with you.  I have a busy week this week and then next Monday (8/20/2012) the kids are back at school.  With Miss Hope going to Jr. High this year it will put us getting home at almost 5:00 in the afternoon.  I am not looking forward to that.  But that all part of them starting later.  She will start at 9:00 and get out at 4:00.  Our school district has so many schools that they had to stagger the start times for bus route purposes.  There are now 17 Elementary Schools, 4 Middle Schools, 3 Jr. Highs (plus one in the works will make 4 next year) and 2 High Schools(with possible plans for a third).  All in one city.  It amazes me that there are that many kids in that one city.  When I was in school we hand an Elementary, Middle, and High School.  They I moved to a larger city for 2 years and went to a Jr. High.  Then we moved back to our hometown and I got to graduate with the kids I went to Kindergarten with.  There were 30 kids in my senior class and not all of us graduated.  My husband went to school in the same city as our kids and he had 600 kids in his graduating class.

Well I guess I am off to work on some more crochet goodies for now.  I hope to talk to all of you again soon.  Have a restful Sunday!!  We are supposed to get some more rain tonight and into tomorrow.  Can't wait to have a lazy rainy day tomorrow.  We have only had one of those this summer.



4 comments:

  1. Cute pig! Glad you got some rain. It has been storming here almost every afternoon. And I mean storming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little piggy towel holder is cute - and it's good to hear you got some rain finally. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa he is very cute,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun times behind and in front of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.