Monday, April 1, 2013

Monday Funday # 28 My Work Space

Happy Monday all.  I hope you had a relaxing Easter with your families. This last week and weekend were crazy busy.  I had a huge order from my Storybook Felts Store.  It went out this morning. YEAH!!  Then on Thursday I wound up at the doctor and found out I may have kidney stones.  UGH!! Then of course yesterday was Easter. Needless to say there has not been a whole lot done in searching for goodies to share on Monday Funday.  So, this week I decided to share a few pictures of my work space.  Of course it was a mess this morning.  I had to get that big order packaged up and ready to go out plus I had made and bought a huge amount of goodies for my new nephew.  I didn't get a chance to clean up last night so here is what it looked like this morning when I got back from taking the kids to school.


What a mess!!  I just bought the gum, Tic Tacs, pens & markers, and embroidery thread this morning.  There is Easter candy up in the right corner. YUMMY.  There is all kinds of yarn, thread, sticky notes, you name it.  And of course the T.V.  Gotta have that for noise at least. 

I'll share a few of my must haves for my sewing and embroidery work.
I just picked these up the other day.  They are over in the office supplies. They call them Silicone Finger Tips.  The are for sorting paper and mail and such.  I use them as thimbles.  My finger and thumb get sore when I have to sew a lot of heavy material so I use these to keep them from getting sore and you can still tie knots in your thread and every thing.

This is my thread/yarn catcher.  I used to have gum in it.  I took the label off and now it makes a wonderful tiny trash can. Best of all it comes free with the purchase of gum.  With kids it's not hard to go through one of these pretty quick.  They are also great for paper clips and other small things.
My favorite tracing pens.  The red on is actually chalk.  I found it at Joann's.  It comes with a lot of white and colored chalk.  I think you can also get refills for it.  The other one is a disappearing maker.  
This is my head lamp that I picked up at our local sporting goods store.  It's great for use in  low light or if you just need a little extra light for those small stitches.  And besides I look sooooo lovely when I have it on!!
Another recycles item.  This is a clear plastic container that a Lunchable came in.  I have a few of these running around.  They are great to store items you are working on them or keep things hand while you are working. That little green circle is a silicone needle puller for those hard to get through fabrics. And of course binder clips to hold things together with.  For me they are handier than pins most of the time.  The doggie is Mr. Boo's.  He is working on him a little at a time.  He loves to come in and sit down and sew with mom.
My poor over poked pin cushion that I whipped up in about 5 minutes one day when I didn't have one handy.
That storage tower is my newest thing.  I did have my markers and such in little tin pails that came out of the $ bin at Target.  They kept getting in the way and I could never find what I wanted because I kept throwing things in different buckets. Oh and you get a peek at what I have been sitting here watching while typing this.  I am a big Grease and Grease 2 fan.  Plus I have two huge windows in front of me.  Our bird feeder hang out there and I watch the birds while I work too.
The bottom drawer has my permanent markers. Yummy lemonade in my mug there.  It's plastic and came with the lid and straw.  Purchased at Wally World.
The next drawer has regular pens and a few black markers as well as my tracing pens and such.
The middle drawer holds my scissors and glue.  I always put a dot on the glue I have been using so I know which one needs used up first.
This drawer holds my binder clips, silicone thimbles, and needles.  The little yellow tin in the back has my tape measures in it.
The top drawer has velcro, snaps, rubber bands, and my stuffing stick.

Now that I have given you a little peek into my work table, I'm off to have lunch and fold a little laundry. Feel free to link up anything you like below.  I would love to see a few picks of your craft/work area too. I hope you have a great week.




















3 comments:

  1. Following you on Pinterest and Google+. Your workspace looks pretty neat to me... I've got my "workspace" all over the downstairs of the house. lol. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your crafting area! I would love to see a photo of you with the light on! You have some great and frugal finds there!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came across you blog while on another one. Great crafting area and some neat ideas. I would love to have you to link up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/10/clever-chicks-blog-hop-56-with-ruby.html



    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.