Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday Funday #30...Here Fishy Fishy


Monday is here again. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I was pretty warm here although we did have a cool start on Saturday.  The kids decided they wanted to go fishing so Hubby loaded us all up in the boat and off we went.  Tootie wound up going with her PaPa at first because Boo hasn't fished out of the boat much and we were afraid it might get a little crowded with all those hooks flying.
Mr. Boo is so excited to be in the boat.  This is when we first go to the lake and of course it started raining the minute we put the boat in the water.  We hung in there though and just got a little damp.


Mr. Boo is having a blast in the back of the boat.  "Here Fishy Fishy Fishy!!"


Mr. Boo even got to drive the boat.  Gotta love that face.  The sun in his eyes and the wind blowing in his face was not a great combo.  As you can see it turned out to be a really pretty day.  Of course mom forgot to put sunscreen on everyone since it was raining when we left the house. Needless to say we wound up a little sunburned. 
"HI MOM!!!"  
After Boo got a little practice fishing in the boat, Miss Tootie got in with us and had a blast...as you can tell.

We wound up bringing home around 20 crappie.  Tootie caught 6 fish and was so proud.  A few of them were to small to keep.  Poor little Boo never caught a fish and was very disappointed.  He is doing better now and was proud of the giant sticks he caught. ;) Of course I was too busy taking fish off of hooks and fishing myself to get too many pictures.  

I have one more picture to share with you.  This one makes me a little sad in a way.  My sweet baby girl will be 14 in June and mommy promised to teach her how to drive when she turned 14.  Well I decided yesterday to throw her in the driver seat and let her have a go. 
Her daddy told me to tell her to make sure to keep those eyes open when she was driving.  She got to start in dad's car.  It is almost as old as she is.

I do have one craft to share with you today.  It is a crocheted fishing game for kids.

I am off to take some pictures of the latest Storybook Felts set.  It should be up in the shop in a couple of days. I hope all of you have a great week. Please link up below so I can see what all of you have been up to.









3 comments:

  1. What fun photos! I'll be right back with a link! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. greetings! I found your blog on the bloggy moms april blog hop. New follower and I LOVE that crocheted fishing pond with the little fish. OMG, too cute.

    I will join your hop - I'm having one too if you want to join.

    http://kidcrossingbarefoot.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-new-i-love-kids-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the blog hop!
    http://jeicrochet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.