Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Happy Stitch Book Review

If you have missed some of my last posts, I have been reviewing some great new craft books that I have. The one I am sharing today is Happy Stitch 30 Felt & Fabric Projects For Everyday by Jodie Rackley.



Click on the link or cover image to have a peek inside the book. If you click on Jodie's name above it will take you to her blog as well.

This book has 30 fun projects that range from curtains and lampshades to cake toppers and softies.
Here are a few things you can make from the book.

Nesting Doll, Owl and Fox Softies.

Embroidered denim skirt and fabric necklace.

Rainbow coin purse and mushroom bag.

I made two of the mini softie keychains.
I made the panda and a ladybug keychain.
There is also a lion and a leaf that you can make and turn into a pin or keychain.


I made the ladybug a little different by not stitching the wings down on the edges.  I just embroidered the dots and that was enough to hold them down.  It makes her look like she is ready to take off. They are both on my daughter's backpack now.  They were both quick, easy and fun to make. The book has loads of fun things that I want to make. The patterns in this book are not full size so you will need to enlarge them. If you would like to find out more about Jodie and the cute things she designs, stop by her blog Lova Revolutionary for more information.

My son wanted some fun keychains for his backpack too so mom was off to make a cute keychain for him as well.  He loves anything that has to do with dogs so I designed a keychain after one of his favorite stuffies.  Meet patches...
If you would like to make a patches of your own, stop by the Storybook Felts blog tomorrow and I will have a tutorial on how to make him. Plus, Patches and the other two keychains are available to purchase in my Storybook Felts Etsy shop.




The ideas, thoughts and comments in this review are my own.  I was not compensated for this review, nor did I receive a free product for it.

1 comment:

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.