Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday Funday #34...A Weekend Away.


Happy Monday everyone.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We had a great weekend here. I finished up a big order Friday afternoon and got it in the mail.  Then, Saturday morning, we got up and loaded up the truck and made a run for the woods. We spent the weekend splashing in the creek.

There are lots of mini waterfalls in the creeks on our land.  As I was typing I noticed that the little square rock up there on the right has moss on it that is shaped like a heart.

This is the opposite side of the same creek.  Down at the end it splits in two different directions and there is another little waterfall. 
As you can see the kids were having a blast. Of course being ALL BOY, Mr. Boo found the squishiest mud in the place and got his boot stuck.  Here he is pulling it out and having a good laugh over it. 

There are lots of flowers growing around the creek but it's funny to see them growing on top of a large rock. Boo liked these too because they are red and star shaped.

I squeezed in a little crochet time.  I have been planning on making the kids some bunnies that they ordered way back around Easter.
 You can find the pattern for them HERE. Aren't they cute!!
 You can also find a similar pattern for an Owl HERE.


As you can see, I finished one bunny body.  This one is for Boo. He decided he wanted the back to be all green.

I even sat on the porch while working on the ears. I had an extra chair for a table and my yarn basket.

Here is the view I had from the porch.  Gotta love having a cabin in the woods!!  We had a little female wild turkey walk right up to the porch on Sunday morning. I didn't get a picture of her though.  We also had some Scarlet Tanagers flying around singing beautifully. It was nice to get away from the computer and all my work.

You can see more pictures of the land and the big waterfall HERE.


Here is another fast little craft that will use up some of those old cassette tape cases you might have laying around. 
Turn Cassette Tape Case into iPhone Holder
Now that you have seen what we were up to all weekend, linkup below and share what you have been up to.  Don't forget to stop back by tomorrow for another Bloglovin' Blog Hop. Have a great week!!



















 Loading InLinkz ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.