Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Good Rainy Morning To All

I love it when it rains.  The smells, the sounds, it is just relaxing.  I soooo needed relaxing today!!  I have been subbing all week at Mr. Boo's school and will be back tomorrow.  Could have been there again today but I had a conference for Sissyroo this morning and I need to get my tax paper work ready for my accountant.  My hubby fished tournaments so we have to use an accountant to handle our tax stuff.  I love have conference for my kids.  They are so easy.  Yes, momma is bragging just a little this morning.  My kids are smart.  I'm not sure where they get it from but that's OK.  Sissy has all A's her lowest being a 92 and her highest being a 100.  You go meet with the teacher, talk about her grades for about 2 minutes then spend the other 10 to 12 just chatting about life.  Boo is the same way.  He has all E's as they do it in 1st grade.  He is reading on a 3rd to 4th grade reading level.  Let me just say if  your kids don't play the I Spy games, they should.  That is what helped him get started reading.  He was reading on 2nd to 3rd when he started Kindergarten.  Ok enough bragging.

Quackers is all put together and ready to go home with someone else.  I am planning to have the finished blankie up for sale by the end of the day.
He turned out so cute.  I had to adjust  a few things but his is finally where I want him to be.  Silly and fun.  I have some ladies who offered to test him so he will be going out to them today.  I can't wait to see how theirs look!!  There is something about seeing your design worked up by someone else.  It gives me a thrill I can't explain.
This is my next project I hope to start today.
It even comes with the cute little tag to print out and attach.  Of course the one I am making is for a boy.  If you would like the pattern just click on the picture and it will take you to the Ravlery pattern page. The pattern is by Crochet Kitten. 

I will be picking a winner for the Fiber Trends Gecko Pattern a day early next week. Don't forget to go register for it. I have to have a small "surgery" on Thursday and will be a wee bit groggy for a day or so from it.  I have been having some monthly issues and we will be doing a D&C to determine if I have polyps for sure.  If so, well, I will be have another not so small surgery.  I'm ready though.  

That is about all I have for this week.  I have been to busy, tired, and grouchy to even pick up a crochet hook. Let alone be creative.  I hope to take some time today to do something.  The people who were supposed to come look at our house around Christmas because they thought they might like to buy it, mind you it is not even for sale, never showed up.  They have now called and said they will be coming over spring break to have a peek.  So, next week will be a whirl wind of cleaning and then resting up from my little procedure.  Ugh.  The week after is spring break.  We are looking forward to it here.  My kids are dragging daily, not wanting to go to school or even get moving in the mornings.  No snow days this year meant no fun extra break this winter but it does mean they get out earlier for summer.  And there are two possible jobs that may be available for me for next year at Boo's school.  I was approached yesterday about one that has not even been decided for sure on yet.  They would like for me to have it if at all possible.  I would get to work with some very sweet special needs kids.  I am so excited about that one.  The other would just be part time minimum wage stuff.  But that would be OK too.  I have officially rambled enough and am getting off of here so I can get something else done.  Have a great rest of your week and a wonderful weekend if I'm not back to tell you so.


5 comments:

  1. Nice post...and you go right ahead and brag on your kids if you want to! :-) Sorry that you've been having female medical issues. They can be a 'drag'! But it sounds like you have a plan in place to take care of everything, so...good!...By the way, I love the idea of having others work up your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patterns are fantastic and you brag all you want! Fantastic that your kids are doing so well. I spy is a favorite game of ours. We even have a board game of I spy that my son loves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bragging is important!

    and if you can't brag here? where can you brag?

    Congrats!

    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This came out so cute! Thank you so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesday at The Ny Melrose Family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They came out beautifully!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.