Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's Tuesday Again!

Hello everyone!  I hope you that live in a colder climate are staying warm.  We woke up this morning to a dusting of snow on everything.  The kids loved it but then got very disappointed because it was not enough to cancel school.  Then when we left for the trip to school we were left wondering why there was school.  The snow had froze on the roads and they were a solid sheet of ice in some places.  There were accidents everywhere.  We drove slowly and stayed safe and I got them dropped off and made it home where it is warm and cozy.  I am sitting here in my kitchen, at the desk, with the lights on the CHRISTmas tree enjoying the nice warm fire we have in the wood stove and praising the Good Lord above that I have a warm home to live in. Now to share some pictures with you.

This first picture is the view from one of my bedroom windows.  I shows our little dusting of snow and if you look close you can see ducks on the pond.  I tried to get a better picture but I scared them in the process and the flew away. :(  Oh well.
Here is a terrible picture of out button and bead wreaths we made over the weekend.  Got the idea from tangled happy blog.  Of course I thought I had wire and ribbon but could not find either.  Ended up using craft lace instead.  They are laying on the lovely ads to dry because I super glued the knots so they would not come untied.  Of the Hobby Lobby or Wally tomorrow to get ribbon.

Here is what I have finished so far in the set of potholders/dishcloths for mom(in law).  I have been using some cute patterns from Dly's Hooks and Yarns.  The link will take you to her free patterns page.  I used the wiggles square pattern for the blue one (dishcloth) and the wiggle one that is red and tan(potholder) I added and extra border on this one and made it extra ruffly.  I also used her 4 hearts square pattern for the red and brown square one(potholder) but as the kids were being very noisy while I was trying to do this one, I missed the part about when you change colors you should dc in back loop only. So there are no hearts I'm sorry to say but it did turn out cute anyway. I also used her flower hexagon pattern for the red hexagon(dishcloth).  I can't find the link for it so you might have to dig a little to find it.  Hers was in more than one color but I used all red for mine.  I know this is a lot of red but mom's kitchen colors are red.  I had to throw in some blue to add a little more color.  She will probably get a few more colors throw in as they all progress.
I was at a stand still over the weekend on Mr. Puppy Scarf with the kids home.  I did get all the heads and half of the ears finished.  Hope to finish the rest of the ears and noses and bones today and start sewing him together.  I am going to find some sew on wiggle eyes because I don't like the idea of gluing them on.  With Mr. Boo that would last maybe 5 minutes.  He is a LITTLE hard on things. :o)


 And last but not least I am leaving you with some ornaments I crochet a few years ago when I first started crocheting.  I found them in one of my crochet magazines.  The one on the bottom right is Mr. Boo's.  I think there are a few more on the tree but I didn't take a picture of all of them.  I keep losing one or two every CHRISTmas because someone wants one of the kids want to give them away to a teacher or something.  The blue and silver one on the right is my favorite.  Hope you all liked the view from my little world here in Arkansas for today.  Have a great day and a calm week.



16 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Your MIL is going to love those dishcloths. Your ornaments are beautiful! Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/12/one-day-project-tuesdays-tallies.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects, I especially like the baubles, they are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been busy. Love the little balls, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty dishcloths, they look to good to use.
    The baubles are great, hope you don't have to give too many more away!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the crochet on the baubles, I have that pattern but haven't made them yet. So far i'm just on snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great comments from all. Craft Giraffe you should make some of the baubles they work up fast and are easy to do. Have a great night all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! I love these button wreaths. A perfect craft for little hands. Thanks for sharing the link. That was so nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had our first snow yesterday too. I hope your streets are better now! I love your baubles, they look wonderful! They make me want to try them too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice - the baubles are very pretty indeed! No snow here, thankfully! *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I love the baubles - beautiful, Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dishcloths/potholders turned out great - thanks for the link up. Love your Christmas ornaments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. your potholders and Christmas ornaments look great xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a neat way to spruce up ornaments!
    What kind of yarn do you use for potholders? Wool or thick cotton?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just use the acrylic yarn for potholders. Something like red heart super saver. I usually do two sides so it is double thick. I always use cotton for the Dish cloths.

    ReplyDelete
  15. O my! You definitely got more of a dusting than we did. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.