Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm On A Roll... And Sharing A Treasure

I hope I don't get any butter on my pants. Giggle Giggle.  Sorry I couldn't resist. 3 Posts in one day.  Now to share what's going on with all of you.  I have been on a bit of a hiatus from my crochet.  I started cleaning my desk and rearranging it and didn't get much crochet done over the weekend. Still not all the way finished.  Off to town tomorrow to get groceries and visit the doc (more on this another day maybe).  I need to pick up some of those magazine holders to put my magazines in.  Right now they are just stacked in piles on top of my desk.
 I did finish my ducky blanket but have not gotten him stitched together yet.   I'm kind of in a rut this week I guess.  He should have already been finished and ready to go.  Oh well, Here is a pic of him just laid out.

He is so funny and the kids loved him.

Here are a few pictures of my desk as it looks now.
The whole desk.  





My Crochet books and leaflets.  I still need to dig out my Cross Stitch books and put in here also.  The white binder over here has some printed patterns that I have used a lot and plan to use again. Can you see the big stack of magazines up there?




My binders full of printed patterns neatly organized and put into categories.  The little blue binder just has Barbie crochet stuff in it.  The smaller white binder next to it holds all of my stuffed animals, kids stuff and dolly clothes.  One of the big ones has kitchen, batch, rugs and stuff like that.  Then the other big one has everything else under the sun.


And now to share my treasure with you. If you want to see any of the pictures up close just click on them and the will open larger.


 This is a Learn How to Crochet, Knit, Tat and Embroider/Cross Stitch book.  It belonged to my husbands great grandmother and his mom gave it to me along with her set of steel crochet hooks and some knitting needles that she had.

I have never used the knitting needles but I did use the crochet hooks when I first started crocheting.  Back when I made Sissyroo a bunch of Barbie clothes.

The book says "Copyright 1941, The Spool Cotton Company Litho'd in U.S.A.  H-504 29th Edition 605".  So it is fairly old.  It has seen better days for sure.  I keep it in a zippy bag to and in a pocket of a binder to keep it safe.

 It gives you all of the basics for learning the four different needle crafts in the book.  It has patterns and great pictures of all the projects.  Below are just  a few.  Remember is you want to see them better just click on them.

 This is a cross stitched rug.  Can you just imagine all the work that went into that.  I love the chair too.
 This is one of my favorite things in the book.  There is a lot of work int this beautiful blanket too.


This hat is called a Calot.  I love the little curl on top.  Did women really wear this funny little hats?

 Oh if only our sweet little girls would wear collars like this now.  Wouldn't the be proper young ladies!
I love the title on this page "It's American from Away Back".  I guess it's their way of saying vintage.  
I hope you enjoyed my treasure.  If you would like to see more of the pictures just let me know and I would be happy to share more of them with you. I will probably start another giveaway in a few days.  It will be another Fiber Trends Knit pattern.  I have four of them left to giveaway.  Have a great day!




7 comments:

  1. Cute duck!! Hope the rest of your organizing goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little ducky blanket is very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about that!!! I have this book!!!! :-) So I guess I have a treasure too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing lots of people in crocheted hats lately. Oddly enough I always notice them in the apple store for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ducky blanket is so incredibly cute- a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the duck and what a great treasure! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.