Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday Clean Out


I am sitting here at my desk taking a little cleaning break.  I should have taken before pictures.  It was a real mess.  I wanted to get it clean off and out so that I can get my crochet book and magazines out of the closet and into view where I can and will see and use them more.  So far so good.  I am embarrassed to say that I have filled about 1/4 of a 30 gallon trash bag just from cleaning one small area.  I will try to post after pictures when I get it all the way I want it.  I found bookoos of patterns that I have printed and stashed on my desk.  Magazines I have sat and looked at and then went online to find more goodies from them.  Oh what I mess I had and still have.  But it does look a lot better.  The sun is coming through the window behind me just right and I can see cobby webs behind my monitor.  Ewwww time to dust as well.  ahhhh choooo.  My desk is also a dumping grounds for kid related messes.  There are Legos, plastic plates from the toy kitchen, a plastic harmonica which has seen better days. tinker toys, kids magazines, a remote to a toy car and the list goes on and on.


OK, I broke down and took pictures.  And this is after most of it has been cleaned off and out.  Oh what a mess.  I won't even show you what is under the desk.  There are three storage boxes. One for tax stuff, one for Mr. Boo's school stuff I want to keep and one for Sissyroo's school stuff.  Also there are two large scrapbook paper holders, and my sewing machine has found a home under there as well somehow.  There are also a few Cheerios lurking under there as well.  Mr. Boo likes have snacks while playing on the computer and things tend to wind up under the desk hidden in corners to be found latter and groaned about by mom.  Hubby even has his own little shelf there on the left above the Cricut in the first picture.  You can just make out the turkey head on the yellow sign sticking out.  I am sad to say that I am a fishing/hunting widow most of the time.  Hubby loves to fish and hunt.  He and his dad even have there own fishing tournament called Fishermen for Christ.  But his habits to put food on the table I guess.  
I guess now that I have shared my mess I should get back to work and finish with the cleaning up of the mess.  I will leave you with a scarf I made this week and a few pics of the lovely lady It was given to.  She is a Kindergarten teacher at Mr. Boo's school and loves all things funky.




Can you tell how excited she was to get it. When I found the pattern I knew she would love it.  The finished scarf is for sale in my Etsy store or you can find the pattern HERE.  There are quite a few other ladies at the school who are asking about this scarf so I am going to be very busy I think.  I made it to use up some of my Hometown USA Yarn.  Don't forget to enter my pattern giveaway HERE!! Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to know I am not the only person who prints patterns and stores magazines! My problem is printing the pattern and then forgetting I have already printed it before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with the printing and forgetting. This is why I am trying to get all of it out where I can see it. I have three binders full of printed patterns and finally realized I could either save them on the computer if they were a pdf or copy and paste them to word if they weren't a pdf and then print them as I needed them. That has worked a lot better for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel bad - I have a messy desk most of the time too. I love the scarf - I'll have to see if my daughter will want one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about workspace getting carried away. It's always good to do a thorough clean...even if it means filling a garbage bag.

    Love the scarf. Super unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been working on my craft room for several weeks now and keep getting distracted. I love the scarf. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you will share with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends. Thank you so much for visiting my home here in blog land. Please leave me a comment, a hello, or just a smile :o). I Love to hear from you. Have a great day.